11th June 2013
28th May 2013
22nd May 2013
14th May 2013
13th May 2013
10th May 2013
- A non-programmer’s solution to “Fizz Buzz” 30th November 2012
- Crying at work 18th October 2012
- We’re hiring for a consultant 20th August 2012
- 5 tips for building a successful internal social network – lessons from the frontline with Aviva Investors 24th October 2012
- Four things business can learn from Avaaz 4th January 2013
- Looks like Google Ad Planner is going to get less useful for audience research :( 23rd August 2012
Latest from Clive
Maybe now's the time to take an approach to video a little closer to the way we've learned to use photos and words. Somebody sound the new platform klaxon! Here we go again... There's another new toy to play with. A new toy to learn about, appraise...Read full blog post
I'm into training, writing, new ideas and awkward questions. I've worked in the travel industry and the not-for-profit sector, and believe two of the best tools available to improve our world are the internet and the bicycle.
I’m a consultant at NixonMcInnes. I’m part of the team that works with big brands to help them use social media in effective ways. I love this stuff. Before joining NM I worked in the travel industry and the charitable sector doing things with communication, web editing, PR and social media.
I love exploring and getting to know our new methods of communication. I enjoy helping others figure out the best ways of using these tools. Social media has something to offer everyone, and we can all use it to help us communicate - whatever we’re trying to say.
I like the idea that this internet we know and love isn’t really about technology – it’s actually just about people. The tech stuff is great, but that's because it helps to facilitate the links between us all. We mustn’t forget to listen – to listen to what our friends and customers are saying, otherwise we miss the point of social media.
Keeping things simple. Asking awkward questions. Listening. Open-mindedness. Mountain biking. Travel. Photography. Bikes, planes and trains. Mountains, forests and cities. Rivers and bridges. Environments where people are considered more important than machines, vehicles or systems. The many ways the English language gets used and abused. Maps. The potential power of the bicycle and the internet to make the world a better place. Brighton. Good beer. Pub quizzes. Swimming in the sea. Barbecues.
Jargon. Technology that pretends to help you but makes life more difficult. Our society's over-reliance on cars. Leaky headphone noise on trains. Comic sans. Selfish driving. BBQ’s.
Latest Blog Posts
- Vine – Will it change the way we feel about video?, 30th January 2013
- Up-goer five and thinking about the words we use, 28th January 2013
- Weeknotes – 01/12/12, 1st December 2012
- The Train Manifesto: Why railways matter to us at NM, 16th October 2012