Today we’re starting another little experiment: Social Business Sessions. And, if you’re interested and your heart is in the right place, we’d like to have you along. (There are only 38 places).
Social Business Sessions will happen every six weeks or so. Session #1 will happen on Thursday 9th Feb, 10 am – 12 pm, somewhere in central London.
The whole thing will hopefully happen through the Social Business Sessions Meetup group, to keep the overhead of organising it low for me and any other helpers who emerge.
To provide a regular forum where we can share ideas, experiences and models for helping organisations become more social. And, in doing so, create new connections that lead to community.
We welcome people from a diverse range of backgrounds: academics, consultants, researchers, do-ers. Really. It can’t just be the social media marketing gang. We’d miss so many opportunities to learn. So bring the randoms and the crazies, people with passion and ideas, not some fool from your team that wants to dick around out of the office :)
- Open, because we each have a piece of the answer
- Diversity FTW – we will seek to have as many female presenters as male, and actively welcome people from different backgrounds or with alternative approaches
- You create the value – there’s no money, no team, nothing but us and our clever brains, so we welcome energy and reject snark
- No spam – no one will be actively promoting themselves, other than venue providers who get a thank you at the start and end
Plan on the morning
- Coffee and chatting
- A few punchy lil’ presentations to stimulate discussion (invitations have gone out to some good, different people to get things started)
- Group discussions
- Ends at 12 pm
Why do this?
There is a growing community of us that are working in the field of social business.
But it’s early days and so from my perspective there are some opportunities to:
- Accelerate our collective and individual learning by sharing more
- Be clearer about what we all mean by social business
- Build the market together, by building a community here in London / the UK
So that’s it really. If you fancy it, come along. It will be what we make of it. It may fail, it may not. We’ll see!
Find out more and to sign up here: http://www.meetup.com/Social-Business-Sessions-London/