Blogging was never my specialty… until I used WordPress to develop a blog for a client.
WordPress is a Blog Tool and Weblog Platform.
Nowadays I love it! I wish I had more time to blog. I have a lot to say! :)
Back to the point… the new very much expected version of WordPress 2.5!
I have just downloaded and installed my first version… I am so excited! Love to learn about new technologies and its updates.
What’s in it?
- multi-file uploading
- one-click plugin upgrades
- built-in galleries
- customizable dashboard
- alted passwords
- cookie encryption
- media library
- a WYSIWYG that doesn’t mess with your code (as a developer particularly like this one)
- concurrent post editing protection
- full-screen writing, and search that covers posts and pages
What’s in it for you, blog administrator?
- Better look and feel of the admin area
- Cleaner, faster, less cluttered dashboard
- Widget-based Dashboard
- Multi-file upload with progress (with EXIF extraction)
- Search for both posts and pages
- Tag management
- Password strength meter
- Concurrent editing protection
- Few-click plugin upgrade
- Friendlier visual post editor
- Built-in galleries
What’s in it for your blog readers?
- Growing community around WordPress means enhancements to your blog will be frequent and available earlier.
- More frequent posts (you will have more time to blog and less time to qorry about your blog updates)
- As the WYSIWYG does not mess with your code, you can be more creative writing your posts.
Feel good Social Media projects
We specialize in Social Media, so keeping track of WordPress 2.5 and future releases is part of our daily lives.
As a developer, WordPress is a “feel good” application. I can easily “get in the code” and understand its flow and how to adapt it to a particular project needs.
Installing the new version
I hesitate to install the first new “dot” something version of any software, particular open source.
WordPress plugins will take some time to be compatible with the new version, so I will wait a few months until the plugin we up to date with the code and database from WordPress 2.5.
Go for it! Upgrade as soon as possible!
But make sure the plugins you use are compatible.
If you have any questions about it give me shout. And if you have a discontinued incompatible plugin I’ll be glad to give it a look and see what I can do.